Saturday, March 1, 2008

Low Fat Brownies


Greg and I have been trying to watch what we eat and maintain our weight. Our upcoming job requires us to. I love chocolate, especially brownies. Sometimes when I make a whole pan of brownies it's very hard to eat just one. Yesterday I bought some No Pudge Original Fudge Brownie Mix. All you add is vanilla yogurt. It is more pricey than other brownie mixes running around $3.50-$4.50 depending on where you buy it. It does have 12 servings and great instructions on how to do a single serve brownie in the microwave. I was hesitant to bake a brownie in the microwave but surprisingly it was very yummy and provided a good size portion without the extra temptation that a whole pan of brownies presents. The directions on the box were to mix 2 Tablespoons of brownie mix with 1 Tablespoon of vanilla yogurt and to microwave for 1 minute (I did 50 seconds b/c I like my brownie a tad bit gooey). One of these servings is only 120 calories and 0 grams of fat. It was very tasty. I'm wondering if there is a homemade mix that I could make and use the same way. I'll have to do some researching and welcome any suggestions.